Thread: Live USB hangs on logo after being told to restart

Beans

Live USB hangs on logo after being told to restart

I am installing Xubuntu 24.04 on a live usb and when it prompts me to restart, it just freezes on the Xubuntu logo never giving me the prompt to remove the USB. I've waitied for around 10 minutes before hard powering it off but it still doesnt seem to work. After i hard shut it down it doesn't boot into Xubuntu or grub, it boots into windows. (I have a dual boot setup). Any help?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Live USB hangs on logo after being told to restart

I warned you.... just save yourself the headache and use 23.10 supported until July 2024.
    Let them clear the upgrade path when 24.04.1 hits. Then upgrade to 24.04.1
    This new installer is lacking to be sure, I could go on and on, just not ready for the Average Ubuntu user yet.

But the new install when finished prompts you to reboot wait a few seconds and hit return/enter and pull the USB install medium, and it should then boot to your new Install.
    Last edited by 1fallen; 1 Week Ago at 09:56 PM. Reason: add extra Information
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

You were right. I'm gonna try to 23.10 now

Beans

Still seems to be happening on 23.10. Prompt to remove usb on restart doesnt show up.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

It will say finished and tick the Reboot Now, enter, wait for it to stop and press enter again and it will boot to your new install.

I guess I was not clear enough in my post above.

But at the booting process remove the install medium or it will boot to that again.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

despite this i was able to boot into it fine after hard powering it off. Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Nice, hows the support for your new GPU?
    Dalai Lama>>

Beans

Works fine. Ubuntu detects it and runs games fine. Thank you so much.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks for the update, happy to help.
    Dalai Lama>>